Aparna Sinha, Chair, Culture & Communication
Sianna Brito, Academic Affairs
Tom Nordenholz, Mechanical Engineering
Amy Parsons, Culture & Communication
Emily Scheese, Athletics
Matt Fairbanks, Science & Mathematics
Ali Moradman, Science & Mathematics
Mike Holden, Mechanical Engineering
Erika Nelson, Student Academic Support
Kitty Luce, Library
1. Relevant to the Cal Maritime mission. The connection can be indirect, but it should be consistent throughout the book.
2. Multifaceted. Can the book’s themes be approached from most major fields (science, business, humanities, etc.)? Major themes must hold up under scrutiny.
3. Non-didactic. The book's themes shouldn't be too obvious or heavy-handed.
4. Artful, but not overwrought (prose style). It should be entertaining, but also thought provoking.
5. Impressive, to you. Rank the book for its "wow-factor."
Additional criteria: The committee will give preference to books under 400 pages, but strong recommendations for longer books will be considered. Committee also gives preference to books available in paperback.
Cal Maritime Library
200 Maritime Academy Drive
Vallejo, CA 94590