OneSearch features an updated, mobile-friendly library search interface that makes it easy to find, cite, save, and share books, ebooks, ejournals, articles and streaming videos.
For the first time in the history of the California State University system, all 23 campus libraries are now linked in summer 2017. OneSearch is an integrated library catalog that contains records for over 29 million books in the CSU system, including those at Cal Maritime. While each library will still maintain its own collection, the physical resources in all the CSU libraries will be easily available to every student, faculty and staff.
As users of the Library, here are some changes you might notice:
- The former library catalog, course reserves, and articles search system will be replaced with a new modern discovery system, OneSearch, that will improve access to our electronic and print resources.
- OneSearch will be shared across all 23 campuses, allowing users to find materials that are available across institutions.
- Cal Maritime students, faculty and staff will be able to request library materials from any CSU library. This CSU resource sharing service, CSU+, will give users access to a larger collection of academic materials. Requested items will arrive in two to five business days.
- Cal Maritime students, faculty and staff will have “visiting patron” privileges at other CSU libraries and will be able to check out materials with their student or employee ID.
- Loan periods for most items are longer than before.
You can still search & use your favorite electronic databases directly within the database interface. For direct links, check our Databases A-Z list.